Saturday, March 8, 2008

Day 6- Serving

Well with Day six over already and me not writing this until after 12 (plus daylight savings time) I feel bad. However I'm going to write a post anyway. Today we were blasted with snow in Columbus and our apartment complex was absolutely crazy. It was so bad that we had to dig our cars out and clean them off. It was just nuts and we estimated that we got around 14 inches or so and it was coming down pretty hard today. Well Mindy and I decided that we are going to dig our cars out tonight and when we went down there the walk down to the street was absolutely covered with snow and it was packed down because people had just been walking on it and nobody had taken the time to shovel it. Well I decided that we needed to shovel it although having the strength posed an issue. We had to dig our cars out, which was a fun little task, then decided we would do the walk way as well. As we were doing that I found myself wanting to do every body's cars, but knew that I would not have the energy to do so. However I am noticing a change in my life, that I have been praying for, to be more of a servant. I am called to be so in being a husband, but I want it to transfer over to my everyday life. Jesus spent His entire time here on earth as a servant. He washed His disciples feet, left His omni powers, and obviously took all of our sins away (that little thing ha ha ha). I want so badly to be a servant to those around me and to be able to have a heart that wants that as well. I don't want to be someone who just says it, but lives it. The only way I can have that heart is getting into the person of Jesus and letting His heart become my heart. A total transformation must take place and I no longer can have the selfish desires of my heart that would have said don't clean the walk way, or even look for a cleaned off spot so I can take advantage of it. I don't want that any more I want to be the servant that I'm called to be. Let me get so wrapped up into the heart of Jesus I take that heart and burdens that it entails. I know that God will not put more on me that He can handle. How often do we often say that He won't put more upon us that we can handle? I hate that saying because if I can always handle it then why do I need Him? A dependence must take place for Him to take over. Jesus I'm desperate today for you to take over in my thinking and my wants. I love you so much and am excited for your prevenient grace to show me your love!!

No comments: