Friday, March 7, 2008

Day 5- Change

Well it's Day 5 and as I think of the things in my life, I think that there are so many areas that need change. Well I'm studying the book of Mark and it says in verse 4 "And so John came, baptizing in the desert region and preaching a baptism of repentance for the forgiveness of sins." The whole concept of repentance is that of change. It is having this former thought and way you do things. It's the idea of when you bump me this is how I will react. That can be taken physically or spiritually. If someone tests me, or I'm tried how will I handle it. So repentance is this leaving behind the former thought to embrace the second thought which is Jesus!! So as I have this "change" happening in my life I must always leave behind the first thought or way of doing things, and embracing the second thought which is always Jesus. This is not a one time thing, but a constant thing, which is what Holiness really is! If we ever rest in what we are or where we are or are comfortable in what we're doing or where we're at with Jesus then we're dead and living in sin. We must always grow, always get deeper in a relationship with the person of Christ. I have seen the bumper sticker "Heaven- Christian Retirement", that makes me sick. If heaven is Christian Retirement then I don't want it. I don't want play eternal bingo and sing hymns around the crystal sea. I want to get closer and closer to my Lord. The only difference will be that I don't have this body cursed with sin, but I will continue to know Him more and more. I want to be so changed that it is radical, I want to be so changed that it is something that makes me stick out and people have no other option but to realize that I am a Christian. I want to be Jesus to my world and the only way to do that is to submit my will up to Him and let Him take over. So I repent of me and my ways from before, and my desires and I give up the first thought. I embrace the second thought which obviously is always Jesus. One area especially is the way I eat and what I eat. I no longer will eat what I want to eat (not at all for 35 more days), but I will eat what I think will bring me closer to Him. I must change the way that I live in order to get closer to Him in ever aspect possible. I never knew how many areas of my life I don't honor Him. I am finding that I have more than should be and those must be CHANGED!! I love you Jesus and want YOUR WILL acted out in my life so YOU have to come and do it for me. Make me how YOU want and MOLD my traditions, every day habits, my eating, my relationships, and everything I do to how YOU want. CHANGE ME I PRAY!!!

No comments: