Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Day 2- The Devil Fights Dirty

Well Day 2 has not been easier, however I have noticed that with constant prayer and seeking Him that our attitudes have been surprisingly good. God is good, He is constantly watching out for us and keeping us, and indwelling us and dominating us so that He's living my life because I submit my will up to Him. I checked a comment on Myspace today and it was encouragement and these verses: 2 Corinthians 4:8-12 "We are hard pressed on every side, yet not crushed; we are perplexed yet not in despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed - always carrying about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our body. For we who live are always delivered to death for Jesus' sake, that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our mortal flesh. So then death is working in us, but life in you." I love it because it says that there will be this squeezing and although there will be that, Jesus is inside of me and when I'm squeezed He comes out. I'm like a sponge and I'm saturating in Him and His Word, then what happens when you squeeze a sponge? Whatever it has been soaking in will come out of it! I want so much for my sponge of a life to be soaked in Jesus so when this persecution, hard pressing, striking down happens that I can't do anything but have Jesus come out of me. That was so uplifting today because the devil was fighting dirty today as work got more stressful, and there were complications on getting my tags. I must get past the devil having any kind of control of my life either through circumstances or my attitude. I want to have the desires of Jesus so much so that He controls my life in every way, shape and form. I want Him to get so big in my life that there is no room for satan to live in there (which impossible for both to live in there anyway, I must have one or the other). So I look at my life and the times where I have not lived with the indweltness of the Spirit and the times that I have and I have found that I am squeezed more as a Christian than not. The reason for this can be explained by this: If you are in a battle and you had the option to take out 1 solider or 1 tank. Well the obvious answer would be the tank and then the question would be why? Well the answer to that would be that the tank could do more damage to you right? Well if I'm squeezed and challenged and I have these things that try and control my relationship with Him that the devil feels that I am a spiritual tank. He knows that I'm going to do damage because Christ lives inside of me and has total control over me. I also received a text from a friend of mine today that said "God has already won the war." How true that is, as tough as life may seem God has already won for us. All we have to do is become totally dependant on Him because He has already gone before. His prevenient grace or preventing love has gone before me and the day or week or month that lies ahead of me. God is in total control of me although satan can throw circumstances and squeezing at me I will praise Jesus. Nothing can keep me from Christ but myself and I refuse to do so! Lord let your presence be so prominent in my life it is absolutely obvious to others. I love you with all I am and I commit myself to you!

No comments: