Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Day 9- Rest

I was on this weekly conference call that me and some other guys do, and one of the main topics was this rest concept. I really liked it because it gives the idea that I can get so wrapped up in the doing aspect of ministry and lose focus on the being aspect of it. See I can do a lot of things, but that doesn't mean anything unless He is doing them through me. When we get wrapped up in the doing aspect we often times feel overwhelmed, and can feel overtaken. But this concept suggests that I rest in Jesus and let Him dominate my situation and the overwhelming feeling that I have is no more. The bodies we have are Christian bodies and not built to handle worry, or stress. Look at how our bodies react to stress and worry, you get sick or shut down. So whenever I'm worrying, or I'm stressed out about something, if I look to Him for rest or as the calm amidst the storm, He is always there. He is my constant in an inconstant world. I know that if I rest in Him that His will can be done, but only if I rest in Him. If I try to rest in myself then that is not rest at all and things fall apart. I find myself discussing issues with people and we are always looking for a third road, or a fence to sit on, like if I rest in Him only when I need to. Duh, I always need to!! I am so insufficient even in my own life. I tried to take control of my life and it lead to drugs, alcohol, and obesity. I obviously needed to have Him dominate me and take the stressful and worry upon Himself. He commands us to give it to Him because He is capable to handle such things and I am not. I want to rest in Him today, and let my head fall on His chest as a comfort. I want to know that there are two persons living inside of me and the other person is taking care of the things that I can't do (which is everything). I want to live outside my means and do things I can't do and love like I can't love because He is doing it through me and I just rest in Him. Lord let it be so today and I will seek you and get so wrapped up in you that stress and worry fade away and all I'm left to do is REST!

No comments: