Thursday, February 28, 2008

Loading Up on Supplies!

Tonight we loaded up on supplies to be ready for our fast. We bought a lot of liquid in one night. Sam's Club is going to be key in this fast because we can buy bulk from there. It seemed like a lot when we got up to the check out line but if you think about it, we were buying groceries. When we said that to ourselves it seemed cheaper actually. Plus we tend to go out to eat a lot, and let's be honest, even though Columbus is a big city there are only so many smoothie bars you can go to. So we have said that will be our date nights. How romantic I know, I get it naturally I guess ha ha ha. For our treats we got something called Bolthouse juices. Bolthouse is the brand of juice and I have been told that it is really good, so that will be our treat. We got Gatorade and the new G2 stuff which was very tasty. Also on the list we got some orange juice, V8 hybrid mix of something. For our meal supplements we're going to have stuff that has more to it than the other stuff, so we got Slim Fast, and Carnation Instant breakfast stuff. We got some regular milk and some soy milk (we'll see if it does as bad of a number on my stomach as regular does). We came home and loaded up the food that was in there and narrowed it down to what are we giving away and what could we possibly eat within the next few days. Then everything else was thrown away and we loaded that thing full of liquids. I made the comment to Mindy that we will not have to do dishes, and that packing lunches will be so easy! She of course liked that idea and I told her that the only dishes we'd have to do would be glasses and smoothie mugs. I'm going tomorrow to get a Nalgene bottle and trick that thing out with stickers so it's my own! Then I'll take some of that mixture that you can make the drink like a fruity kind of deal like the Nutri Sweet or whatever it is to put in there. We also bought like 3 water filters for our Pur water filter pitcher and I was very happy to install that. I feel as though even if we wanted to back out of this thing (which we absolutely do not) it's too late now. I know that Satan will try to kick us when we are down but when we're weak He is strong so watch out devil because the left hand might not be so hot but the right hook is Jesus and he'll give you a two piece with a biscuit and leave you wondering what happened. Well I'm off to sleep and dream of what He has in store for me tomorrow.

1 comment:

Human Microbiome Search Engine said...

No more dish washing? Wow! I hadn't thought of that, but I really like that as a reason for a Slim-Fast diet. In my case, I'm trying to start an all-Slim-Fast diet, so this will be a great extra benefit. Thanks for mentioning that one.