Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Falling in Love for 40 Days!

Coming this Monday March 3rd, Mindy and I are going to start a 40 day fast. The fast will be a liquid diet with vitamins. The purpose of this fast is for several reasons but the main reason is for us to become more in love with the person of Jesus Christ. Mindy came up with this idea that we need to fall more in love everyday, whether that be with each other or with Him. I really liked this because I always want to fall in love more and more with her, she is my girl and I will forever be hers! I do however want more than anything to fall more and more in love with Jesus. One other reason is because I struggle with my weight and I found it shocking when I went to the doctor and the scale showed that I weighed 395. Nobody ever believes me that I weigh that much or if they do they say "You carry it so well." Well you know what I'm still carrying it and it has affected my health and I am to the point I'm not living like I should. I know that God did not create my body to live like this and how I know that is that I have stretch marks on my body and I am unable to do things that should be simple. I know that I am not going to be as effective as I could be for Him and I definitely don't want that. Another reason is that I feel that I need to have a deeper relationship with Jesus and that I can do so by getting in the The Word more. So for 40 days I'm going to blog on where I'm at in the scripture and what it is saying to me. I want so much to get in a deeper and closer walk with Him. I have to get to the point where I am a man possed with the Holy Spirit and I'm acting out of control because He has taken control of me. The natural outcome of Him speaking to me is the outpouring of the Holy Spirit in my life so much so that I'm transparent. I want that when people look at me they mistake me for Him. Oh Jesus let it be so!!

No comments: