Monday, March 17, 2008

Day 12- How Far We Fall

Have you known somebody that you knew as friend when you were kids, teens, or college age and was just an on fire Christian and now they are not? I know that when I was a teenager I went nuts when I was in college. I got caught up in drinking and drugs, and I look back and realize that I wanted this freedom and all of a sudden had total freedom. It was like I was trying to make up for lost time or something, I don't know. However I know that looking back on my life I was addicted to something other than Jesus. In high school it was sports and "going to church". I played sports so much it was insane! I wrapped my life around that and when I got to college I didn't play anything for the first two years or so and that addiction that I had before needed something else to fill the spot and drugs and alcohol were readily available. We seem sometimes to be so high up and then to fall so low, but are we ever really up that high in the first place or are we just "going to church"? Unless we are an "On Fire Christian" then we are not a Christian at all. I feel like I cannot say this enough and I get criticized for it but unless you're an Amen Amen, front row hand raiser, gotta have more of Jesus type then are you really saved or have you fallen from where you were? We don't like to question this in our life but unless you act like an addict (yes like a drug addict) for Jesus then you're missing it. He has to be our everything, our source, our answer, our salvation, HE JUST HAS TO! So if you know that friend or maybe you are that friend pray for a renewal in their life or in your own! Get that fire back, Jesus is always waiting to take you back and start raising that hand in the front row, being the Amen Amen Christian, that's exactly what He wants! Don't do it because you are putting on a show or trying to impress somebody, but do it rather because you're so in love with Jesus and you have no other choice but to do it! I want that today Jesus, I am addicted to you and I don't want anything else to come in the way of that. It is so important in my life that I'm addicted to you because if I'm not then I'm addicted to something else and not living my life for You! Mold me more and more, never let my cup run empty, always fill me, and feed me! I love you Jesus and I know you love us no matter How Far We Fall!

No comments: