Monday, March 31, 2008

Day 21- He Is Risen

Today is Easter and I remember my mother on one Easter coming and and waking me up with "He is Risen!" I was so scared and just woke up and had never heard the other half of that (which is He is Risen Indeed in case you didn't know) and I replied "Hallelujah". I do think about the He is Risen statement, it makes me wonder how important that is. I think sometimes we forget how important it is that He is Risen and that makes Him my savior. Without Him rising then we would just be like every other religion in the world who serves this god that isn't The God. We would fall into the same categories and under the same umbrella and wouldn't have something authentic and different about us. If you look at the other religions in the world (I'm not saying Christianity is a religion either) they all have this guy or thing they worship and they are constantly seeking it. However we have a God who seeks us first and then once we seek Him we become closer and closer and He lives inside of us so much so that we begin to think like He thinks, love like He loves and act like He acts. I doubt that any other religion can say that they think like Buddah or Muhhammed, and why would they want to, all they were was men. However we serve The God who is not limited to an earthly thought and actions, I mean even when Jesus was on earth He wasn't limited to what this earth had to offer. Now He was fully man but the difference was that The Father indwelt Him and He was sourced, even His teachings weren't His own. I want to have the Risen Jesus living inside of me so much so that I'm sourced by Him and am not limited to what this earth has to offer, I want to tap into the Heavenly realms by having the Spirit of Christ living in and through me! Jesus let it be so!

No comments: