Sunday, March 23, 2008

Day 19- Messenger

I am studying the book of Mark and I'm studying what it means to be a messenger of God. How will people know that I'm a messenger? What traits will I carry, how will I act and what will be my thought patterns? As I began to think on this the word Shalach means an extension of, like a branch. So immediately I began to think of John 15 The Vine and the Branches parable. It tells us that if we don't bear fruit IN HIM that we will be cut off and thrown into the fire. Ok so what are His fruits. So I went to Galatians 5 and found the fruits of the SPIRIT. Ok here we go, others will know that I'm his messenger if I am living in His presence and producing love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, faithfulness goodness, gentleness, and self control. But if I don't have these things it tells me in verse 19 that I will have the fruits of the sinful nature and that it will be OBVIOUS that I have those. I began to think on something we could look at a person and it would be obvious that they had made a choice to do something. So I thought of working out. It's obvious when somebody is working out and when they are not. We can see it in their attitude, energy level, body definition, range of movement, and endurance. So if I have the fruits of the Spirit it will be as obvious as whether or not I work out. How simple it is but such a powerful truth that really hit home. (not only on the fruits, but also the working out).

No comments: